Shop Technician - Byblos
The School of Architecture & Design is currently looking for a Shop Technician to be located at Byblos Campus.
The Shop Technician is mainly responsible for managing the workshops, and assisting faculty & students with design projects requiring the use of wood metal crafting, as well as use of laser cutting machine and other crafts.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports the School of Architecture & Design students and provides appropriate assistance in their projects that require use of the workshop, ensuring adequate supervision of students working in the workshop
- Initiates all students using the workshop to the safe and proper use of machinery, and gives training sessions as required
- Maintains all equipment in good operating condition, keeps an updated shop inventory and implements standard safety procedures
- Assists the Shop Supervisor in the maintenance and oversight of the wood and metal shops
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned by the Shop Supervisor
Minimum Required Qualifications
- High school or technical equivalent certificate (TS) in carpentry or metal work
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a wood or metal workshop
- Knowledge of shop tools, materials, methods and techniques
- Knowledge of welding, brazing, forging, cutting, soldering, wood working
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Ability to use a wide variety of power and mechanical tools
- Good communication and training skills
- Ability to interact effectively with faculty, students & staff
- Computer literacy and Knowledge of 3D modeling a plus
Interested candidates should email their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Friday, December 15, 2017.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.