This position is no longer open.
Technician - HVAC (Beirut Campus)
The Physical Plant in Beirut has a full time vacancy for a Technician - HVAC in its Beirut Campus.
The Technician – HVAC will ensure proper execution of all needed preventive maintenance for Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems and repair university equipment and assets.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate and maintain systems pertaining to the physical plant, including but not limited to: Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning systems, Chillers, Air Distribution, refrigeration systems, water circulation and pressurization pumps, and other firefighting systems as assigned.
- Perform all required HVAC installation, inspection, preventive maintenance and reparation works for the existing systems
- Establish & maintain job-related files, reports, training material and support contracts.
- Handle all job-related correspondence (reports, memos, emails, faxes) and communication pertinent to the assigned tasks.
- Perform other duties pertinent to this job as assigned such as, but not limited to, night attendant duties.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- BT or TS degree in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar capacity.
- Customer service oriented.
- Acceptable computer skills in MS Outlook, excel, word and internet search.
- Ability to operate BMS software.
- Willingness and capacity to learn the operation of equipment and systems through reading manuals (in English).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills especially in verbal and written English and Arabic.
- Physically fit to perform above duties.
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line. CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history.
Closing date for accepting applications is Monday, March 12, 2018.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.