Technician (Mechanical / Plumber) - Byblos
The Physical Plant office - Operations and Maintenance is currently looking for a Technician (Mechanical / Plumber). This position is based in Byblos Campus.
- The Technician is primarily responsible for operating, maintaining and installing mechanical and plumbing systems, including all needed preventive maintenance.
- He/she is also responsible for supervising outsourced mechanical and plumbing works and repairing university equipment and assets.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate and maintain systems pertaining to Operations and Maintenance, including but not limited to: heating, medical gases, water distribution and pressurization pumps, water treatment, plumbing, rain water and sewage network, waste water treatment plants, water filtration, irrigation, water fountain, firefighting, and other systems as assigned
- Perform all required mechanical installation and reparation works for the existing systems mentioned above
- Complete daily inspections and implement the preventive maintenance programs for above systems
- Conduct minor maintenance repairs on assigned mechanical equipment such as sanitary fixtures, piping and toilet accessories, water coolers, AHUs, FCUs, pumps, hot water bottles, and lab and cafeteria equipment
- Establish & maintain job-related files, reports, training material and communication pertinent to the assigned tasks
- Perform other duties pertinent to this job as assigned such as but not limited to night shifts and weekend duties
Minimum Required Qualifications
- High school or equivalent Technical (BT)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the same field
- Customer service oriented
- Good level of English communication, computer literacy is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Physically fit to perform above duties
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Monday, June 25, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.