This position is no longer open.
USP Administrative Assistant
The Outreach and Civic Engagement Office (OCE) has a vacancy for a part-time USP Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant performs administrative and office support activities for the Outreach and Civic Engagement Office (OCE) with regards to the USP grant. The administrative assistant will assist the Program Coordinator on follow up on student progress. He/she will assist with civic engagement and club activities, personal issues with USP scholars, and communicate with the USP student mentors. He/she will assist in data collection and information needed for reporting, will keep accurate records of all issues regarding the USP program.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Fielding telephone calls, filing, and data entry.
- Encourages leadership, and community service activities / workshops.
- Following up on student mentors and their work with Scholars.
- Communicating with the student mentors and scholars on deadlines, meeting dates, activities and workshops.
- Meet with scholars individually to guide them in filling up the IDP.
- Collecting data and information needed for reporting.
- Keeping close record of all issues regarding the USP Grant.
- Weekly meeting with Scholars to ensure their academic progress and activities requirements are being met.
- Report on low academic performance of scholars, and low involvement in activities.
- Attend Workshops, trips and Residential camps.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Holder of a Bachelor degree.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative.
- High Organization skills.
- Team player.
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Fluent in Arabic and English both written and spoken; French is a plus.
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line. CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience.
Closing date for accepting applications is Thursday, February 15, 2018.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.