This position is no longer open.
Utilities Manager - Byblos
The Physical Plant office is currently looking for a Utilities Manager to report to the Associate Director of Operations & Maintenance. This position is based in Byblos Campus.
The Utilities Manager is mainly responsible for managing the overall functions of Utilities systems and procedures to ensure that best services are provided to the Campus efficiently and with optimized resources.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops, implements and supervises the maintenance of the Utilities plant and related facilities, equipment and distribution systems including Power, chilled water, heating, water, wastewater, irrigation and fire
- Ensures qualitative and efficient supply of these utilities to the campus through proper and optimized operation
- Develops daily management and technical support for the Utilities maintenance team through enhancement of maintenance systems and procedures related to preventive or demand maintenance requests
- Develops, operates and applies buildings automation and energy management systems and controls
- Provides technical support and supervision on the implementation of maintenance contracts and outsourced maintenance tasks
- Manages the night, weekend, and holiday shift attendants
- Provides technical feedback regarding the acquisition of assets
- Prepares condition assessment for facilities and assets
- Evaluates the workload of the technicians and redistributes accordingly
- Evaluates the overall work outcome of the technicians and discusses performance with concerned technicians
- Supervises the schedule and overtime related to the Utilities maintenance team
- Develops the know-how of the Utilities maintenance team staff
- Supports the utilities maintenance team to provide needed solutions, information and troubleshooting
- Plans and communicates the tasks of the utilities maintenance team individuals
- Sets goals for the utilities maintenance team and evaluates the work performed
- Performs other duties pertinent to the job as needed
Minimum Required Qualifications
- B.E. degree in mechanical, electrical, electromechanical or industrial engineering or other equivalent engineering fields
- Minimum 8 years of experience, 4 of which in a relevant or equivalent position and 4 of which in a supervisory/managerial role
- Fluent in English and Arabic written, read and spoken
- Good communication, customer service, problem solving, decision making and negotiation skills
- Good computer skills in: Microsoft office, Oracle E-Business, People 365, building management systems, and AutoCAD software
- Knowledge in electrical systems, MV electrical transformers, plumbing systems, life and fire safety systems, and HVAC systems – cooling towers
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Wednesday, July 18, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.