Support for attendance
Financial assistance for participation in the conference
We are seeking the widest possible attendance at AMICAL 2011 from colleagues who can contribute to and benefit from the conference. Thanks to our grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, we are able to provide the following types of assistance:
- For all attendees from our 24 member institutions, AMICAL will be paying ground transportation costs between the airport and hotel, on both arrival and departure as long as you are using the transportation coordinated by the organizers at LAU. AMICAL will also cover your conference registration fees, which include participation in all conference events, lunches and breaks.
- For all attendees from full and affiliate member institutions, AMICAL will be paying for accommodations at Le Commodore Hotel for the five nights of April 26–May 1. Attendees from Consortial Partner institutions may benefit from the discounted group rate obtained for AMICAL at the hotel ($100/night) but will need to cover their own accommodation costs.
- For full and affiliate members already paying airfare for one of their attendees, AMICAL will reimburse airfare for their second attendee, if requested by the institution. AMICAL will reimburse airfare for their third attendee on request, depending on the availability of funds. Requests should be based on financial need and should be made as early as possible, by March 13 at latest. Instructions for requesting this assistance can be found below.
If financial constraints will prevent your institution from sending a team of at least two people, please get in touch with Jeff Gima (email@example.com) as soon as possible.
Instructions for requesting travel support to attend the conference
For full and affiliate AMICAL members already paying airfare for one of their attendees, AMICAL will reimburse airfare for their second attendee, if requested by the institution. AMICAL will reimburse airfare for their third attendee on request, depending on the availability of funds. Requests should be based on financial need and should be made as early as possible. Additional support may be available in exceptional cases — so please do inquire if you have additional colleagues whose presence would contribute to the success of the conference — but such support will depend on the number and size of requests received from the group.
To request this support, please send all of the following information to Jeff Gima (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 13 at the latest:
- The full name, title and email of the person you’re requesting funding for.
- A quick note about how they’re likely to benefit from and/or contribute to the conference (short paragraph).
- An estimate of their airfare, using the most economical options acceptable.
Note that Mellon–AMICAL travel grants can only cover airfare, not other expenses such as ground transportation, visas, meals, incidentals, etc.