To apply, you should submit the following required application documents:
- USP VII Applications for Admission and for Financial Aid prior to March 30, 2018 to LAU Admissions Office to the Beirut or Byblos campus
- View samples of the required documents that you need to submit with the Financial Aid Application
- Official high school transcript of the last three years sent directly to the Admissions Office in a sealed and stamped envelope
- Proof of English proficiency by submitting only one of the below:
- SAT I writing section
- Official score of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- English Entrance Exam (EEE) administered at AUB and LAU if a or b are not available
- Certified copy of the official Lebanese baccalaureate or official technical Lebanese baccalaureate when available
- Two recent passport-size colored photos taken within the past six months
- Clear photocopy of your identity card or individual civil record
- All financial aid required documents specified in the application
Selection Process Phases
December 2017 – March 2018
Recruitment phase and completion of application
March 30, 2018
Deadline to receive complete applications
April 13, 2018
Deadline to receive additional documents requested by the university (if need be)
April 2018 – May 2018
Review of applications and shortlisting students for exams.
Ifedit el milkieh for both mother and father/caregiver will be requested from shortlisted applicants for the interviews.
Selection criteria: application completeness, high school grades and validation of financial need, including ifedit elmilkieh
May 2018 – August 2018
Selection criteria: high school grades, entrance exam results and official Lebanese baccalaureate or official technical Lebanese baccalaureate score and validation of financial need, including ifedit milkieh
July 2018 – August 2018
Selection criteria: high school grades, entrance exam results, interview results, official Lebanese baccalaureate score and financial aid assessment
End of August 2018
Start of Academic Year 2018-2019
Final Selection Percentage Distribution:
|Academic Performance (includes: Averages in grades 10 and 11, entrance exams and official baccalaureate results)||45%|
- The Application for USPVII may be downloaded. You may wish to print the form, fill it out and submit it along with the required documents. If applying to both AUB and LAU, you need to fill two original application forms and submit original documents to each university. Photocopies are not allowed.
- It is advisable to submit the completed application in person or send it by Liban Post or preferably by registered mail (بريد مضمون) with Liban Post. Please submit it in person or through an immediate family member. It is also advisable that you keep a copy of your application and all documents submitted· It is important to note that documents sent via Liban Post might take up to 10 working days to be submitted. Thus, send your complete application and documents via Liban Post by March 15, 2018 latest to reach LAU before application submission deadline which is March 30, 2018.
- To register for the SAT, please visit the College Board’s website at: www.collegeboard.org
- When registering for the TOEFL or SAT I, use LAU’s code: 2595. Please note that you may choose not to register for TOFEL and SAT and take the English Entrance Exam (EEE) offered by LAU
- The English Entrance Exam (EEE) is administered by LAU for shortlisted students. Details will be communicated to selected students by LAU admissions team. The test preparation material may be downloaded http://admissions.lau.edu.lb/files/eee-test-prep.pdf You should start preparing for the English Entrance Exam in case you are shortlisted.
- Depending on your choice of major, the Sophomore exam covers three out of the following subjects: mathematics, physics, chemistry, life science, general science, philosophy and economics
- The IDs of the shortlisted students who are invited to exams or interviews will be posted at www.lau.edu.lb/usp; if your ID number is not posted online, this means that your application was not successful. Applicants can track their application by using these sites.
- The admission office at LAU will contact you directly to inform you about exams and interviews. Failure to attend scheduled exams or interviews will result in withdrawal from the program even if shortlisted.
- To learn more about USAID you may visit their website at: https://www.usaid.gov/lebanon/education and visit the Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/usaidlebanon