Visiting Assistant/Associate Professor, Interdisciplinary Gender Studies
This position is no longer open.
School of Arts and Sciences
Department: Social Sciences
Expected Start Date: Fall 2019
Deadline for Applying: Until position is filled
The Department of Social Sciences in the School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University invites applicants for a Visiting faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor in Interdisciplinary Gender Studies. The department is seeking a highly qualified and motivated faculty member who is committed to innovative teaching, research, academic advising as well as institutional and community service.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Interdisciplinary Gender Studies
- Supervise MA internships and projects
- Engage in Gender-related research and projects.
- Advise and mentor students
- Develop and manage grant proposals
- Engage in service to the department, the university and the profession
- Contribute to the development of the program
- Additional duties may be set by the department in light of departmental needs and priorities.
- A PhD in Social Sciences or other related fields
- Specialization in Gender Studies
- Demonstrate a commitment to foreground the intersectionality of gender/race/class with a focus on the Arab/Muslim world
- Interdisciplinary research specialty in Development issues, Public Policy and/or Human Rights issues from a feminist perspective.
- Evidence of scholarship and research
- Evidence of successful teaching experience.
- Evidence of success in securing external funding for research
The department offers four Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) programs in political science, political science/international affairs, psychology, and social work; two Master of Arts (M.A.) programs in International Affairs and Migration studies; and five minors in conflict analysis and resolution, legal studies, political science/international affairs, psychology, and sociology. The Department consists of 15 full-time faculty members and a number of part-time faculty members. The Department of is dedicated to excellence in teaching and research, and is committed to student-centeredness and to serving the community.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest including a statement of teaching, research interests, as well as professional and creative projects, an updated CV, and unofficial transcripts by email to: email@example.com. The CV should include the names, e-mails and phone numbers of three references. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Candidates must refer to position no. AS-18-41 , in the subject line of the email.