Assistant/Associate Professor, Psychology
This position is no longer open.
Department: Social Sciences
Expected Start Date: Fall 2021
Deadline: July 30, 2021
The Department of Social Sciences at the Lebanese American University invites applicants for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor in Psychology. The department is seeking a highly qualified, research active, and motivated full-time faculty member who is committed to innovative teaching, research, academic advising and institutional and community service. The Psychology program currently offers a B.A. in Psychology and will be starting an MSc in Clinical Psychology in the near future. A candidate with additional training in clinical psychology is preferred but applicants specialized in other sub-disciplines will be considered.
- Teach general psychology courses at the undergraduate and graduate level including research methodology courses (introductory and advanced).
- Supervise senior projects and potentially MSc theses.
- Advise and mentor students.
- Contribute to the development of the program.
- Conduct high quality research and publish in Scopus ranked journals.
- Engage in service to the department, the university and the profession.
- Additional duties may be set by the department in light of departmental needs and priorities.
- A PhD in Psychology from a well-recognized University.
- Evidence of strong scholarship and research publications.
- Evidence of training and experience in the application of advanced statistical analyses (e.g., Structural Equation Modelling).
- Evidence of successful teaching at the undergraduate, and ideally graduate levels.
- Evidence of an established research agenda.
- Evidence of successful innovative university teaching.
- Advanced knowledge in research methods and experience in working with culturally diverse populations.
- Evidence of success in securing external funding for research.
The department offers four Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) programs in political science, political science/international affairs, psychology, and social work; two Master of Arts (M.A.) programs in International Affairs and Migration studies; and five minors in conflict analysis and resolution, legal studies, political science/international affairs, psychology, and sociology. The Department consists of 15 full-time faculty members and a number of part-time faculty members. The Department of is dedicated to excellence in teaching and research, and is committed to student-centeredness and to serving the community.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest including a statement of teaching, research interests, as well as professional and creative projects, an updated CV, and unofficial transcripts by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . The CV should include the names, e-mails and phone numbers of three references. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process.
Candidates must refer to position no.AS-21-14, in the subject line of the email.