Assistant/Associate Professor, Psychology
School of Arts and Sciences
Department: Social Sciences
Expected Start Date: Spring 2022/Fall 2022
Deadline: December 1, 2021
The Department of Social and Education Sciences at the Lebanese American University invites applicants for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor in Psychology. The department is seeking a highly qualified, research active, and motivated full-time faculty member who is committed to innovative teaching, research, academic advising and institutional and community service. The Psychology program currently offers a B.A. in Psychology and will be starting an MSc in Clinical Psychology in the near future. A candidate with additional training in clinical psychology is preferred but applicants specialized in other sub-disciplines will be considered.
- Teach general psychology courses at the undergraduate and graduate level including research methodology courses (introductory and advanced).
- Supervise senior projects and potentially MSc theses.
- Advise and mentor students.
- Contribute to the development of the program.
- Conduct high quality research and publish in Scopus ranked journals.
- Engage in service to the department, the university and the profession.
- Additional duties may be set by the department in light of departmental needs and priorities.
- A PhD in Psychology from a well-recognized University.
- Evidence of strong scholarship and research publications.
- Evidence of successful teaching at the undergraduate, and ideally graduate levels.
- Evidence of an established research agenda.
- Evidence of successful innovative university teaching.
- Focus on cognitive and behavioral neurosciences.
- Advanced knowledge in research methods and experience in working with culturally diverse populations.
- Evidence of training and experience in the application of advanced statistical analyses (e.g., Structural Equation Modelling).
- Evidence of success in securing external funding for research.
The Department of Social and Education Sciences is an interdisciplinary department with faculty committed to high-quality undergraduate and graduate instruction across the social sciences. Our department offers four undergraduate programs in political science, political science/international affairs, psychology, and education; 4 graduate programs in International Affairs, Interdisciplinary Gender Studies, Education and Migration studies; and five minors in conflict analysis and resolution, legal studies, political science/international affairs, psychology, and sociology. We offer as well 2 diplomas: Teaching Diploma and Diploma in Learning Disability and Giftedness.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest including a statement of teaching, research interests, as well as professional and creative projects, an updated CV, and unofficial transcripts by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . The CV should include the names, e-mails and phone numbers of three references. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process.
Candidates must refer to position no.AS-22-8, in the subject line of the email.