Part-Time Faculty Position, Digital Cultures
Department: Liberal Education
Deadline for applications: November 19, 2021 at 15:00 (Beirut Time)
Start Date: In agreement with the successful candidate, and as soon as is possible.
The School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University is launching the new Liberal Arts and Science Curriculum. The Curriculum is innovative in its pedagogic approach and its intellectual foci. It consists of several pillars that engage students in
A) learning about topical issues and becoming Change Makers;
B) acquiring technical knowledge that will allow them to compete in an increasingly complex professional environment of Digital Cultures, and
C) engaging in High Impact Experiences to become global citizens and stewards of the world they inhabit.
For this round of recruitment, we are focusing on pillar B) Digital Cultures. We invite qualified candidates to apply for a Part-Time teaching position in the Department of Liberal Education to deliver courses that will be offered to all undergraduate students at the University. The courses’ focus ranges from “Technology, Ethics and the Global Society”, to “Professional Ethics”, “Ethics and Social Media”, “Fundamentals of Deep Learning”, “Social Cybersecurity” and “Python for Liberal Arts”.
Applicants must possess the following essential qualifications:
- A Master’s or Doctoral degree in Computer Science or other relevant disciplines such as Statistics and Mathematics, from a reputable institution.
- Experience of teaching undergraduate students from a variety of disciplines
- Evidence of using innovative teaching methods with non-specialised audience
- Good theoretical knowledge and technical skillset in Artificial Intelligence including data engineering, machine learning and data pipeline.
- Knowledge of deep learning and working with unstructured data (e.g., text, audio, image and video) is advantageous.
- Familiarity with Python. R is a plus.
- Familiarity with using a visual AI tool such as RapidMiner Studio or Tableau.
- Good written and verbal English communication.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Please submit a current CV and a Cover Letter that outlines your interest in the position, and your ambition to contribute to this curriculum.
- Submit your application to email@example.com by the deadline
- Address your email to the attention of Dr Rony Khnayzer, Chairperson of the department of Liberal Education
- All applications will be acknowledged by the Dean’s Office.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview and may be requested to deliver a short presentation to the panel.
Candidates must refer to the position as “PT Digital Cultures”, in the subject line of the email.