Assistant/Associate Professor, Epidemiology and Population Health
This position is no longer open.
Gilbert & Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine
Expected Start Date: Fall 2020
Deadline for Applying: July 31, 2020
The Gilbert & Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine at the Lebanese American University invites applicants for a faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor in the field of Epidemiology and Population Health. The school is seeking highly qualified and motivated full-time faculty members who are committed to innovative teaching, academic advising, research, and institutional and community service. Prospective candidates must have earned a Ph.D. degree in Epidemiology/Biostatistics or related field. The successful candidate will have a proven publications track record in top tier journals alongside the ability to attract grant funding in the field.
- Teach medical and biomedical students epidemiology and population health
- Engage in scholarly research
- Advise and mentor medical students
- Engage in service to the school, the university, the profession, and the community
- Additional duties [such as work on accreditation, course developments, etc.] may be set by the school in light of departmental needs and priorities.
- Fluency in English, proficiency in Arabic and French is highly appreciated
- Ph.D. in epidemiology or related field from a recognized institution
- Evidence of successful teaching of university students, preferably medical students
- Evidence of scholarship and research productivity
- Experience in curricular design/development is highly appreciated
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by submitting the Faculty On-line Application at the following URL: https://edms.lau.edu.lb/Forms/L2odW