Academic Assistant - Beirut
This position is no longer open.
The School of Business / Department of Finance and Accounting has a vacancy for an Academic Assistant reporting to the Chair of the department. This position is based on Beirut campus.
The Academic Assistant will act as a liaison between the School/Department and all other university’s departments/schools and offices in support the University’s mission, vision, and core values.
In addition, he/she will interact with students and resolve their academic issues.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides administrative assistance to faculty and staff of the Department of Finance & Accounting
- Receives visitors and attends to their requests
- Performs daily correspondence and filing
- Performs basic daily routine tasks: typing, copying, phone calls, processing forms, mail duties and other office duties
- Supports the work of the department by purchasing equipment and supplies, maintaining an inventory of office supplies, and utilizing the appropriate process to pay for goods/services
- Replies to inquiries from incoming students and handle emails, telephone calls as part of communication process
- Schedules and arranges calendar items, appointments, interviews, meetings, conferences, and other events
- Advises students about academic requirements and selection of courses and assists them during registration and Add/ Drop periods
- Controls and manages the accuracy and confidentiality of all records of the department
- Supervises financial aid and graduate assistants
- Organizes special events as required by the department
- Maintains and updates file records and documents for the department as well as for the faculty members
- Supports faculty in exam scheduling and grade collection
- Edits and proofreads documents
- Coordinates with other departments/schools on administrative and/or operational matters
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties
Minimum Required Qualifications
- BA/BS degree; Master is a plus
- Minimum 2 years of administrative experience (a similar experience in an academic setting is a plus)
- Excellent oral and written English / Arabic communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Ability to work under stress
- Punctuality and dedication are highly appreciated
- Ability to relate well to a variety of individuals, including students, staff, faculty and visitors
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Thursday, November 22, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.