Academic Assistant (Part-time/Temporary Position)
This position is no longer open.
The School of Architecture and Design (SARD) is currently looking for a part-time Academic Assistant reporting to the Dean. This position is temporary and will extend from September 15 until January 15 and will cover 32 hours/week. The position is located on the Byblos campus.
The Academic Assistant will primarily provide administrative support to the Office of the Dean, and will handle communication with external parties, process contracts and act as a liaison between the School and various University offices.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives and screens incoming visitors, phone calls, mail, email, and other correspondence, and responds to them as appropriate
- Ensures that School decisions are implemented and faculty contracts are prepared at the beginning of the Fall semester
- Supports the work of the school by purchasing equipment and supplies for the Office of the Dean, maintains an inventory of office supplies, and follows procedures in purchasing goods and services
- Assists students in all their inquiries, especially during the registration periods
- Monitors the work and schedule of student assistants and financial aid students
- Types letters, memos and other documents as needed. Proofreads printed material as requested
- Enters data and maintains faculty databases
- Assists in any administrative tasks as requested by the School Dean and/or delegated administrator
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum 1-2 year of related experience
- Effective English communication skills, oral and written
- Good organizational and computer skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
- High personal integrity and ethical standards
- Professionalism and interpersonal collegiality
- Ability to work in an academic environment with students, faculty and staff
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is August 27, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.