Assistant Librarian – Circulation (Byblos)
The Byblos Library is currently looking for an Assistant Librarian - Circulation reporting to the Public Services Manager – Byblos Library. This position is based on Byblos Campus.
The work schedules are as follows:
Winter Schedule from 1:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m.
Summer Schedule from 11:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
The Assistant Librarian - Circulation is mainly responsible for providing basic circulation services to library patrons.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Attends to patron needs at the circulation desk
- Maintains the circulation records
- Checks all outgoing/returns material at the circulation and reserves desks
- Assists in administering the Library’s automated circulation system
- Maintains proper shelving of materials
- Assists in coordinating the inter-campus borrowing service
- Handles e-reserve requests using the E-Reserve system when needed
- Assists in orienting new students and assisting them in locating information resources
- Helps in training Student Assistants
- Performs other duties and responsibilities pertinent to this job as assigned or appropriate
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum 1 year of experience, preferably in a library environment
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in English and Arabic (written and oral)
- Computer literate
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Wednesday, February 20, 2019.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.