Commissioning Officer - Byblos
This position is no longer open.
The Physical Plant office is currently looking for a Commissioning Officer to report to the Director of Physical Plant. This position is based in Byblos Campus.
The Commissioning Officer is mainly responsible for field supervision for the site execution and commissioning of electro-mechanical works in capital and renovation projects.
He/she is also responsible for the survey of existing installation in preparation of projects’ designs.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Witnesses the commissioning of newly installed systems in capital and renovation projects
- Audits and reports on all construction defects during construction and the one year defect liability period
- Assists the design & commissioning engineers in preparing standardized commissioning sheets for electro-mechanical systems and derives the relevant ones to each capital and renovation project
- Assists in initiating the technicians to the operation of newly installed systems
- Perform miscellaneous surveys and other pertinent duties as needed
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Vocational/High Technical Studies Level (TS), with relevant Mechanical or Electrical specialization
- Minimum 8 years of experience, 5 of which in a relevant or equivalent position
- Familiarity with tender documents as well as electrical and mechanical systems installation and commissioning
- Good command of English and Arabic: written, read and spoken
- Computer skills in Microsoft office and AutoCAD
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest to email@example.com , specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Wednesday, July 18, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.