Comptroller, Accounting & Financial ReportingThe Finance Corporate Affairs Department is currently looking for a Comptroller, Accounting & Financial Reporting.
The Comptroller, Accounting & Financial Reporting is responsible for preparing, managing, and controlling all the financial accounting, financial statements, and the required reports of the University and affiliated entities.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that the University maintains sound and transparent accounting records in compliance with legal, GAAP and tax requirements in Lebanon and the US
- Liaises with appointed auditors to ensure that the University accounts are well presented
- Makes sure that financial and management reports are prepared timely and accurately
- Ensures that accounting standards and revisions are well comprehended and properly implemented
- Maintains proper and up-to-date documentation relating to accounting standards and communicates any new regulations and/or reportable conditions
- Acts as a bank signatory as indicated in the appropriate procedures
- Oversees closing of the accounts which are properly reconciled and analyzed
- Maintains follow up on pending issues with other departments and stakeholders
- Supervises subordinates’ functions, establishes deadlines, and approves respective transactions
- Prepares and monitors the department operating and capital budget
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as required
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Master degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA certified
- Minimum 15 years of experience in a related capacity (out of which, at least 5 years in a supervisory role)
- Good knowledge in: Accounting standards, Microsoft office, ERP systems, and Oracle E-Business suite
- Very good communication and planning skills
- Ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality
- Service excellence and customer focus
- Excellent English and Arabic writing/reading skills
- Sound analytical thinking and critical judgment
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
Closing date for accepting applications is Monday, July 4, 2021. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.