Engineering Lab Senior Technician/Engineering Lab Assistant Supervisor - Byblos
This position is no longer open.
The Petroleum Engineering (PTE) Program at the School of Engineering is currently looking for a full-time Engineering Lab Senior Technician/Engineering Lab Assistant Supervisor who will report to the Department Chair. The position is located in Byblos campus.
The Engineering Lab Senior Technician/Engineering Lab Assistant Supervisor’s role entails planning, supervising and performing a variety of tasks that would ensure proper operation, maintenance and development of the Engineering facilities.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans, operates and maintains all physical facilities including laboratories and workshops
- Attends efficiently to regular daily duties and responsibilities to ensure the smooth operation of the labs/workshops
- Organizes and schedules the various lab/workshop sessions
- Supervises schedules and evaluates the work of the student assistants
- Assists faculty in the development of workshop and lab assignments and relevant tool kits
- Advises students on workshop-related assignments and assists in Capstone Design projects
- Maintains lab inventory of equipment and supplies
- Assists the PTE Chair/Coordinator in developing and implementing data/record management systems
- Collaborates with the School faculty on all their needs and those of their students
- Performs other departmental-related work as per supervisor’s request
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Holder of a BE in Petroleum or related Engineering field
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a workshop environment
- Advanced organizational and administrative skills
- Strong communication and written skills in English
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and coach student assistants
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Wednesday, June 20, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.