Executive AssistantThe School of Medicine is currently looking for an Executive Assistant reporting to the Dean of the School. This position is based at LAU School of Medicine offices in Achrafieh.
The Executive Assistant is primarily responsible for managing the administrative needs of the School and coordinating among its units and the different University constituents.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives and screens visitors’ telephone calls, emails, faxes and other correspondence
- Provides information and resolves complaints, which regularly require the use of good judgment and the interpretation of policies and procedures
- Schedules and maintains the Dean’s calendar of appointments, meetings and travel, and makes necessary logistic arrangements to support these activities. Coordinates some office functions and activities with other departments
- Coordinates the Dean’s meetings, takes minutes, and circulates them
- Provides administrative support for events and conferences hosted by the School, handling all details as required in coordination with the Hospitality Services Office
- Implements the necessary procedures to comply with LAU’s archiving system and sets up any necessary additional information filing system in a professional manner to control and manage confidentiality of the Dean’s records, files and databases
- Oversees maintenance of office equipment, such as computers, copiers and printers, securing the smooth operation of all office facilities. Monitors office supplies stock, and places orders for necessary replenishments
- Supervises the work of student assistants assigned to the office and monitors their contracts and timesheets, to ensure they fulfill their duties
- Assists in preparing and overseeing the office budget
- Assists the Dean as directed in responding to various correspondences, typing of memos and papers, studies and presentations
- Ensures that all MOUs with hospitals and primary health care centers are renewed in due time
- Manages and updates School website
- Performs other tasks pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 4 years of experience in high-level administrative support, preferably in higher education
- Excellent communication capabilities both in Arabic and English
- Highly skilled computer software, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Oracle
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work with diverse teams
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
Closing date for accepting applications is Thursday, December 15, 2022. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.