Institutional Research Officer
The Department of Institutional Research & Assessment (DIRA) is currently looking for an Institutional Research Officer reporting to the Assistant to the President for Institutional Research & Assessment. This position is based on Beirut Campus with occasional commuting to Byblos campus.
The Institutional Research Officer is responsible for collecting, analyzing and disseminating data and information to provide the university’s internal and external constituencies with accurate and timely information to support decision-making, planning, policy formulation and institutional effectiveness initiatives.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides and analyzes necessary data to support decision makers in their institutional effectiveness and continuous improvement endeavors
- Disseminates key institutional statistics by preparing yearly publications pertaining to the department (Fact book, Brochure, Facts & Figures)
- Oversees the administration of course evaluations and institutional surveys using the institutional survey tool (BLUE)
- Collects and stores data about the continuum of functions of the institution by accessing the relevant information systems and through the institutional business intelligence tool (IBM Cognos)
- Collects and stores essential institutional data into an information system to ensure proper reporting activities
- Provides support for institutional and program accreditation as well as academic program review by analyzing, assessing, and/or evaluating the student achievement of curricular and co-curricular outcomes
- Responds to internal recurring and ad-hoc data requests from different administrative and academic units
- Responds to diverse requests for data from external constituencies (accreditation agencies, ranking agencies, government …)
- Maintains and periodically updates the DIRA webpage
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree with relevant specialization in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Management, Business Computer, or related field of study
- Minimum 3 years of work experience (including 1 year in a similar capacity), preferably in the education sector
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and SPSS
- Advanced communication skills (verbal and written) in English and Arabic
- Ability to exercise sound independent judgement
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discreetness
- Strong organizational skill with respect to meeting deadlines
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Thursday, August 15, 2019.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.