Internal Audit Manager
The Internal Audit Department is currently looking for an Internal Audit Manager reporting to the Director of Internal Audit. This position is based on Beirut Campus with occasional commuting to Byblos campus.
The Internal Audit Manager is mainly responsible for assisting the Director of Internal Audit (DIA) in ensuring that all audit assignments are conducted in compliance with best standards and practices of Internal Auditing as set by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
Additionally, he/she will oversee the work performed by the staff assigned to the audit.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists the DIA in developing the risk-based Internal Audit Plan based on the results of the Audit Universe Business Risk Assessment, to be submitted for approval to the Board of Trustees
- Assists the DIA in scheduling and planning audit jobs Manages the audit assignment so that the methodology followed and the working documents (both hard and soft copies) are in accordance with professional standards as set by the IIA
- Supports the DIA in conducting research at the planning stage, identifying process objectives, risks and controls
- Develops audit programs and performs audit testing
- Reviews and approves audit working papers of supervised staff. Evaluates whether the audit evidence obtained is sufficient and appropriate to support the audit findings
- Assists the DIA in preparing the draft and final report
- Follows up on the implementation of previous audits agreed upon action plans
- Conducts investigative work upon request
- Supports the DIA in setting agreed upon objectives for the office staff and evaluating performance of said staff
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration
- Must be a holder of either CIA, CCSA, CISA, or CPA
- 6 years of work experience in audit (of which 3 being in a senior role), preferably with “Big four”
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English and Arabic
- Possess sound analytical skills and professional judgment
- Ability to uphold the University values and maintain confidentiality and impartiality
- Ability to work under pressure and within budgeted time and deadlines
- Inquisitive mindset
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft office)
- Working knowledge of CAATs and Audit working papers applications
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Thursday, February 14, 2019.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.