Monitoring & Evaluation Officer for the University Scholarship Program at the Outreach & Civic Engagement
This position is no longer open.
The Outreach and Civic Engagement Office has a vacancy for a Monitoring & Evaluation Officer under the USAID University Scholarship Program (USP VI/ VII). The position is based in Beirut Campus but periodic commuting to Byblos Campus is required.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will report to the Program Director and will be handling the program’s daily logistics and needs of the scholars on both campuses. The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will work closely with the USP personnel in order to assume all of the position’s responsibilities.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Advises and supervises Ambassador Merit Scholars’ academic and extracurricular progress
- Assigns and supervises LAU student Mentors
- Coordinates internships and leadership opportunities
- Coordinates technical information
- Provides solutions and guidance when needed
- Maintains data and files on all scholars
- Communicates with Faculty on the progress of the scholars
- Reports to the Program Director on regular basis
Minimum Required Qualifications
- A Master’s Degree from a renowned university
- Work experience in a similar position for 3-5 years or more
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Arabic
- Knowledge of the American system of education; Knowledge of other systems is a plus
- Knowledge of Banner is a plus
- Must be a team player; takes initiative and is proactive
- Advanced computer skills especially in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Desktop Publishing
- Excellent accuracy in researching, collecting, analyzing and presenting data
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Interested candidates should email their CVs to Dana.firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line. CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience.
Closing date for accepting applications is Thursday, February 15, 2018
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.