Part-Time Assistant Teacher - Beirut
This position is no longer open.
The Department of Education, School of Arts and Sciences is currently looking for a part time early childhood assistant teacher for the Early Childhood Center (ECC). This position is based in Beirut Campus.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Applies knowledge and understanding of learning concepts relevant to early childhood education, especially 1- 4 years of age.
- Assists in the planning, developing and implementing of lesson plans
- Uses materials effectively; creates a climate where children feel safe to learn and contribute and provides support and feedback to children
- Participates and assists in documentation and developing children’s portfolios
- Assists in maintaining healthy environment for children’s overall health and safety
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in ECE, elementary education or in a related field
- Must have at least 1 year of full-time professional work experience working with young children as well as experience in the standard job description outlined above
- Fluency in verbal and written English
- Flexible, willing to work within a team environment
- Ability to implement positive teaching and learning strategies with a group of 12-15 children
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Tuesday, July 31, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.