Part-Time Communications Expert
This position is no longer open.
The Outreach and Civic Engagement Office is looking for a Communications Expert under the USAID University Scholarship Program (USP). The position is based on Beirut Campus with occasional commuting to Byblos Campus and is for a limited duration.
The Communications Expert works closely with the Assistant Vice President for Outreach and Civic Engagement to generate creative ideas and concept.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates ideas and presents them in a clear and creative manner
- Uses illustrative material to produce layout design concepts
- Develops graphics and layouts for logos, banners, workshops, and website
- Retains archive of images, photos, or previous work and projects
- Produces still and animated graphics for news purposes
- Generates animated graphics
- Photographs events and assembles photos for reporting purposes
- Monitors USP documentaries and posters in order to align with USAID branding and marketing plan
- Supervises the work of the Communication Officer
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, graphic design, or related field
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience
- Experienced in Photoshop and other visual design programs
- Demonstrated graphic design skills
- Creative and innovative
- Good photography skills
- Know-how in operating still and video cameras
- Advanced communication skills in English and Arabic (written and spoken)
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Thursday, February 14, 2019.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.