Part-Time Senior Community Service Coordinator
This position is no longer open.
The Outreach and Civic Engagement Office is looking for a Senior Community Service Coordinator under the USAID University Scholarship Program (USP). The position is based on Beirut Campus with occasional commuting to Byblos Campus and is for a limited duration.
Performs administrative and office support activities for the Outreach and Civic Engagement Office (OCE) with regards to the USP grant. The Senior Community Service Coordinator will assist the Program Coordinator on follow up of student progress.
He/she will assist with civic engagement and club activities, personal issues with USP scholars, and communicate with the USP student mentors. He/she will assist in data collection and information needed for reporting, will keep accurate records of all issues regarding the USP program.
He/she will assist scholars in submitting the Community Service Project (CSP) template, prepare the budget for the supplies and document the implementation.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Fields telephone calls; conducts filing and data entry
- Encourages leadership, and community service activities/workshops
- Follows up on student mentors and their work with scholars
- Communicates with the student mentors and scholars on deadlines, meeting dates, activities and workshops
- Collects data and information needed for reporting
- Keeps close record of all issues regarding the USP Grant
- Conducts weekly meeting with scholars to ensure activities requirements are being met
- Assists scholars in submitting the CSP templates
- Updates CSP budget per project and requests supplies accordingly
- Attends Community Service Projects for documentation
- Supervises the academic and CSP facilitator
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree
- 3-4 years of field experience
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Fluent in Arabic and English both written and spoken; French is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to take initiative
- High Organization skills
- Team player
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Monday, December 17, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.