Systems Administrator, ITAS - BeirutThe Information Technology Department has a vacancy for a Systems Administrator, ITAS reporting to the Director of IT Applications and Solutions. This position is based on Beirut campus with occasional commuting to Byblos campus.
The Systems Administrator, ITAS is mainly responsible for the design, implementation and management of the University IT servers, storages and operating systems while ensuring high-availability, reliability and optimal performance.
Additionally, the Systems Administrator, ITAS coordinates and maintains a Disaster Recovery site that support core IT services.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Installs, configures, maintains and administers the University servers, storages and operating systems
- Ensures OS are up-to-date by evaluating and pushing patches onto systems as needed
- Monitors systems and takes corrective action to prevent and minimize downtime
- Designs, implements and maintains security levels to restrict and block unauthorized access to servers and services
- Collaborates with IT team to define and ensure standards for storage and servers’ performance, availability and security are met
- Documents, sets up and configures peripheral devices, terminal servers, printers and tape drives
- Manages a disaster recovery site and assists in Business continuity planning
- Researches the latest technology, evaluates system upgrades and communicates recommendation plans for investing in systems architecture, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities
- Develops, documents and communicates plans for investing in systems architecture, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities
- Performs other duties relevant to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in IT Systems Administration, 4 of which preferably in servers and storage design, installation, configuration and maintenance
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Virtual environments and high-availability set-up (VMWare, OVM, Oracle Cluster, ZFS, HCI, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Solaris/Unix, Linux is a must
- Experience in Webservers is a plus
- Ability to work under pressure and to be available 24/7 to resolve emergency problems
- Ability to prioritize jobs
- High spirit of integrity and confidentiality
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Friday, May 27, 2022.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.