The Strategic Communications Department at the Lebanese American University is looking for a Web Developer, reporting to the Digital Communications Manager, to join a dynamic team of multidisciplinary professionals with a common desire to contribute to the successful implementation of the university’s integrated communications initiatives. This position is based on Beirut Campus with occasional commuting to Byblos campus.
The Web Developer enhances LAU’s digital communications namely its website’s reputational impact and lead generation potential by developing and enhancing websites and developing code that controls the look and functionality of web pages.
He/she must understand content strategy, project requirements, metrics, etc., and consider all that in the solutions he/she proposes, in order to deliver the targeted results.
Additionally, he/she must always look for the best solution for any given problem, taking into consideration compatibility, accessibility, security, future proofing, and other factors. He/she must routinely document the work and ensure the highest level of work continuity.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Builds user interfaces, web pages and prototypes from Wireframes and Design provided by graphic designers
- Builds websites on Movable Type
- Writes the underlying code of online forms and creates forms on external service providers (e.g: Wufoo , Zoho, …)
- Integrates external media and analytics into LAU websites
- Updates content (text, images, etc.) of websites built in Movable Type, especially the main website
- Updates content (text, images, etc.) of websites not built in Movable Type
- Creates and optimizes email-marketing templates, using both internal and external software
- Provides visual design for promos and special projects
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 3 years of work experience in a similar capacity
- Strong oral and communication skills in English and Arabic
- Solid Understanding of Responsive Design
- Intermediate knowledge in PHP7
- CMS skills (Movable Type is a plus, Drupal, Wordpress)
- Familiar with Development and Debugging Tools for Cross-Browser Issues
- Follow and Implement Industry Accepted Best Practices and Tools
- Design Applications (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Ability to thrive within a multidisciplinary team
- Keen on solving problems and challenges
- Detail-oriented and strong problem solver
- Strong ethical standards namely with regards to security and quality assurance principles
- Accessibility and W3C standards
- Performance principles
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong commitment to deadlines
While not strictly necessary, each of the following qualifications will be considered a plus:
- Social media integration and strategy
- Skills in multimedia production
- Digital communications skills
- Solid analytical skills
Interested candidates should email their CVs and portfolio of their work with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Monday, October 18, 2021.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.