Medical Insurance Premiums
The medical insurance premiums for FALL 2019 are as follows:
- Medical insurance: $315 insures you for up to $50,000 worth of 2nd class hospitalization (IN-Hospital plan) costs at all hospitals and up to $750 emergency fees due to accidents.
- School liability: $15 insures you in case of accidents on campus or outside campus on university sponsored activities. This charge is mandatory for all students and cannot be waived.
- National Social Security Fund (NSSF): $135 if you are Lebanese or French with no proof of social security coverage for you. Students of other nationalities are exempted from this charge as they do not benefit from the NSSF. (N.B. If you are a holder of a dual nationality, the NSSF fee will be charged/waived according to the nationality that you have presented or petitioned for at the Admissions office) Also, freshman students and students of age 30 and above are exempted from the NSSF fee.
If you are already covered through other sources, you should submit proof to waive charges. Below are the types of proof:
- A photocopy of a valid insurance card (expiry date preferably not before the end of the academic year)
- National Social Security Fund NSSF (original statement) not older than one month
- Public Employees COOP (original statement)
- Judges Consolidation Fund (photocopy of card)
- Lebanese University Faculty Consolidation Fund (photocopy of card)
- Municipalities (original statement)
- Lebanese Army, Internal Security, General Security, and State Security (photocopy of card)
- Customs (original statement)
- Syndicate of Lawyers (photocopy of card)
Remember that you must submit the documents before printing your statement of fees.