Associate or Full Professor, Nursing
The Position: The Alice Ramez Chagoury School of Nursing (ARCSON) at the Lebanese American University, Byblos Campus, invites applications for one full-time position for a senior tenure-track faculty member, associate or full professor. Priority needs for teaching are in adult medical-surgical and/or critical care nursing.
Anticipated Start Date: September 1, 2017
- Teach in B.S.N. program
- Assist in development of master’s in nursing program
- Advise students
- Maintain a scholarly research agenda
- Perform academic services to the school, university, and profession
Qualifications: Candidates must have:
- B.S. and M.S. in Nursing and a doctorate degree in nursing or related field
- Graduate preparation in adult/geriatric health, medical-surgical, critical care nursing with recent clinical and teaching experience in one of these specialties
- Evidence of an established program of research
- Evidence of excellence in teaching
- Preferred: experience with curriculum development and instruction in a clinically-focused nursing graduate program
The School: ARCSON is a new, vibrant, growing school. We have graduated three classes since 2013; enrollment in the B.S.N. program continues to grow. The School received initial accreditation from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), an American nursing accrediting body, in 2013. Faculty who join the school will play an instrumental role in implementing the 2015-2020 Strategic Plan (http://nursing.lau.edu.lb/files/arcson-strategic-plan-2015-2020.pdf). This includes development of a graduate program. Nursing faculty also collaborate with faculty from LAU’s medicine, nutrition, pharmacy, and social work programs on interdisciplinary education and research. The School works closely with the Department of Nursing at Lebanese American University Medical Center–Rizk Hospital (LAUMC–RH), our principal clinical partner. Opportunities for a joint appointment with the medical center may be pursued.
Application Requirements: Apply electronically by sending a letter of interest describing teaching and research experience; an updated CV; copies of 2 recent publications; unofficial transcripts; and the name, address, email address and phone number of three references to: email@example.com. Candidates must refer to position no. ARCSON-17-1 in the letter of interest.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2017. Questions regarding the application can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org Review of applicants will continue until the position is filled.
The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University and School can be found at www.lau.edu.lb.