Need-Based Financial Aid
At LAU, we believe that all eligible students deserve an excellent education, regardless of financial limitations. With more than $80 million allocated for financial aid and scholarships for the upcoming academic year, LAU is committed to helping you fund your education regardless of your nationality, race, gender, religion or ethnicity.
Financial aid can cover between 15% and 70% of your tuition. We encourage you to apply for financial aid (work-study) as early as possible.
Deadline to apply for the need-based financial aid for fall 2021: May 31, 2021
Financial Aid is a package composed of the following elements:
The work-study program gives you the opportunity to gain work experience, discipline, and a sense of personal responsibility and accomplishment. Students are assigned to work in offices/divisions across the university for a certain number of hours per semester.
LAU provides the following grants:
- LAU Grants: Awarded to students showing an element of need in accordance with specific need categories.
- Hardship Grants: Awarded to students with extreme need. The grant may cover up to 100% of the students’ tuition.
- Triplets Grant: This is an additional percentage that may be given to triplets demonstrating financial need and enrolled simultaneously at LAU.
- Program Grants: Awarded to students majoring in programs requiring special promotional support in line with university enrollment goals.
- Special Grants: These grants are awarded to selected students according to special agreements approved and signed by the LAU President and external donors or organizations. Applications, if required, are to be filled in the initial stage only.
- Donors’ Grants: These grants are created through the generous donations of LAU benefactors.
- LIFE Annual Scholarship:
- Scholarship amount: $6,000 per year
- Eligibility: Open to Lebanese students with high academic standing demonstrating financial need and enrolled in one of the following majors: Business (excluding marketing), Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or Mathematics
- Selection process: recipients will be selected by the donor.
- Duration of grant: renewed until graduation if eligibility is maintained.
- Application: Apply for this grant through LIFE
- Tomooh/PepsiCo Scholarship
- Scholarship Amount: To be determined by donor
- Eligibility: Students demonstrating financial need. Open for all majors.
- Selection process: recipients will be selected by donor
- Duration of grant: renewed upon the discretion of the donor
- Application: Apply here for this grant
- LIFE Annual Scholarship:
Educational Loans are a supplementary form of financial aid offered to eligible students demonstrating financial need. Only students with a declared undergraduate major are eligible for a loan. Intensive, undecided or special students are not eligible.
LAU loans: The University maintains a revolving loan fund as part of the total Financial Aid program. Loans are extended to students, when requested, as part of the total Financial Aid package in accordance with the loan procedure.
U.S. Federal Aid: are fixed-rate student loans from the US Department of Education for undergraduate and graduate students attending university at least half-time. Subsidized, Unsubsidized, and PLUS loans can be granted to students from the United States of America who choose to study at LAU. Learn more.
*To be eligible for work-study or grants, your financial aid application must be accepted and you must maintain the eligibility requirements mentioned below.
To be eligible for need-based financial aid, your financial aid application must be accepted and you must maintain the eligibility requirements mentioned below.
- Semester Eligibility: you may benefit from financial aid up to the total number of regular semesters depending on the length of the program. Summer terms are included. If you are a freshman student, you may be granted 2 extra semesters over and above their required program length.
- Semester Credit Load: A minimum course load of 12 billed credits per semester unless you are graduating this year.
- If the CGPA drops below 2.0.
- Immediately if a student receives two warnings.
How to Apply
- Prepare the required documents that should be submitted with the financial aid application.
- After applying to LAU and activating your Portal, you can apply to financial aid through the Portal or via this application.
- You only have two (2) weeks to submit the financial aid application.
- Use your Portal username and password when logging in.
- Please read carefully all the instructions.
- Print the completed (hard-copy) application, sign it and submit it along with the required documents to the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office.
- Attend an interview with the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office.