This position is no longer open.
Senior Instructor, Advertising and Public Relations
School of Arts and Sciences
Department: Communication Arts
Expected start date: Fall 2018
Deadline for applying: Sept 30, 2017
The Department of Communication Arts in the School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University (LAU) invites applicants to a faculty position at the Senior Instructor rank. The department is interested in applicants who have a broad professional experience and a long track record in Advertising and Public Relations and can contribute to developing the BA in Communication.
- Teach on both campuses introductory and advanced Advertising/PR courses, such as principles of advertising, introduction to public relations, writing for advertising and PR, copywriting, crisis communication, strategic communication, media entrepreneurship, information architecture, and other advanced courses.
- Advise and mentor students in the Communication track, support student Advertising/PR projects, and help them connect with the industry.
- Engage in service to the university and the department, particularly related to developing the new Communication program and building connections with the Advertising/PR industry.
- A graduate degree in Advertising, Public Relations or related field.
- A broad professional experience and a long track record working in Advertising/PR, especially in integrated new and social media campaigns.
- Evidence of successful university-level teaching and training.
- Demonstrated interest in the Lebanese and Arab Advertising/PR scenes and strong local and international connections with the industry.
- Fluent in Arabic.
- International Awards for Advertising/PR campaigns and/or advertising/PR certifications.
- Experience in integrated and corporate communication campaigns, crisis communication management, strategic communication, analytics for communication, and the integration of traditional and new media communication campaigns.
- Evidence of scholarly production focused on the Arab Advertising/PR scene.
- Evidence of fund raising abilities and experience in developing and leading major projects and international programs, such as film festivals and study abroad and exchange programs.
- Knowledge of new digital and data methodologies and approaches, both in research and media production.
The Department of Communication Arts offers a broad-based liberal arts curriculum that balances theory, research, professional practice and critical inquiry, and prepares students to become innovative, professional, and ethical communicators ready to thrive in a rapidly evolving field and industry. The department offers programs in multimedia journalism, television and film, communication, and the performing arts. The department is dedicated to excellence in the production and diffusion of knowledge and the critical practice of media, film and the performing arts. It aims to develop civically engaged and informed citizens capable of reflecting on local and global issues. It strives to graduate ethical scholars, artists, and professionals in the various communication fields and specialties.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest including a statement of teaching and research interests, an updated CV, and unofficial transcripts by email to: email@example.com. The CV should include the names, emails and phone numbers of three references. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process.
Candidates must refer to position no. AS-18-2 in the subject line of the email.