Engineering Lab Assistant Supervisor/Supervisor- Byblos campus
The Industrial and Mechanical Engineering (IME) Department at the School of Engineering in Byblos campus has a vacancy for an Engineering Lab Assistant Supervisor/Supervisor. He/she is responsible for planning, supervising and performing a variety of tasks that would ensure proper operation, maintenance and development of the Engineering facilities.
The Assistant Supervisor/Supervisor will also provide support for other activities related to the academic operation of the Department of Industrial and Mechanical Engineering.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, operate, and maintain all physical facilities including laboratories and workshops.
- Organize and schedule the various lab/workshop sessions, and supervise the lab/workshop assistants’ work.
- Assist faculty in the development of workshop and lab assignments and relevant tool kits.
- Advise students on workshop related assignments and assist in Capstone Design projects.
- Assist in assessment activities relevant to laboratories and workshops.
- Assist in IME students’ orientation and advising.
- Assist the IME Chair in developing and implementing data/record management systems.
- Develop and manage pertinent workshops and laboratories.
- Perform other departmental related work as per supervisor’s request.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- BE in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering from a recognized university or an equivalent technical degree with additional 5 years of relevant experience
- Minimum of 10 - 15 years of experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with students, faculty and staff
- Relevant experience in workshop environment is highly desirable
Interested qualified candidates should send a letter of interest with their CV emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line. Please provide the exact month and year while listing your professional experience.
Closing date for applications is Sunday, April 2, 2017.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity