Part Time TL Welfare Officer
The Lebanese American University is currently looking for a TL Welfare Officer on a part time basis reporting to TL Program Director.
The TL Welfare Officer’s main role is to provide social support to the students in the TL (Tomorrow’s Leaders) program, to address barriers to learning and to strengthen the safety net for these students. More focus will be required for students at-risk coming from conflict zones and conservative communities to address adaptation and integration issues.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support and consultation to the students at-risk with the focus on the well-being of these students
- Act as a mentor for these students at-risk and empower them to make informed life choices
- Develop, coordinate and run relevant prevention programs for these students where necessary
- Work with the student support team of the University for early identification, case management and proactive measures to prevent and manage risk behaviors among the TL student population
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in a related field (psychology, social work, or counseling); Master’s degree is a plus
- Minimum 5 years of working experience/training preferably in PTSD, abuse, and war trauma, with relevant experience in the social service sector, working with and supporting at-risk students
- Possess passion about working with students at-risk, regarding them positively and believing in their potential
- Be culturally sensitive, emotionally stable, resourceful, resilient, and open to diverse views
- Have passion about working with students at-risk, regarding them positively and believing in their potential
Interested candidates should email their CVs to email@example.com , specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Thursday, May 31, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.