LAU is currently increasing its preparedness for the rollout of the vaccination campaign. Namely, the LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital is being set up as a national center for vaccination, in accordance with the plan of the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH).
The LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital:
- Is preparing the physical facilities, by dedicating an area for the triage, administration, and monitoring of the patients.
- Has a -80oC storage facility.
- Is training the personnel for the handling and administration of the vaccines.
Note that the current plans are based on the MOPH plans, and the amount of vaccines they will be providing. The target population is presently the front-liners in COVID-19 response, both physicians and nurses.
In parallel, LAU is exploring ways to increase its supply of vaccines, working with other universities, with friends of LAU and with the LAU Board of Trustees.
LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital will manage the vaccination process:
- Increase LAU’s preparedness in the rollout of the vaccination campaign.
- Prepare the LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital as a national center for vaccination in accordance with the plan of the Ministry of Public Health.
- Manage the vaccination process.
- Procure vaccines from MOPH directly.
- Procure vaccines with other universities.
- Prepare vaccination site (storage, triage, stations and distribution).
- Increase awareness for the vaccination campaign among LAU community.