Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Computer Science/Computer engineering
Position: Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Project Focus: Student Content Creators Generating New Meanings: Identities, Pedagogy, Visual Cultures and Employability Skills
Application Deadline: November 30th, 2023
The successful applicant will join an interdisciplinary team of researchers. The team meets weekly to develop the project and discuss theory, research design, and analytical solutions.
We are seeking a highly motivated and qualified Postdoctoral Research Fellow to contribute to the project “Student Content Creators Generating New Meanings: Identities, Pedagogy, Visual Cultures and Employability Skills” at the Lebanese American University. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research in the field of social media and its impact on management and social media identities.
The post-doctoral researcher will coordinate and conduct quantitative and qualitative research across different social media platforms, working closely with the Principal Investigator. They will play a pivotal role in project implementation, both individually and jointly.
Successful applicants will have excellent methodological and academic writing skills. We encourage candidates with strong qualitative or quantitative skills, or both, to apply. Strong organizational and communication skills are essential, as postdoctoral researchers will work independently and as part of a team with other international researchers. Some of the responsibilities are to:
- Write three co-authored articles for highly ranked journals or ACM/IEEE conference proceedings, in collaboration with team members.
- Run the analysis and apply relevant statistical analysis and visualization to report on the results of data collected.
- Ph.D.in Computer Engineering , computer science or a related field to computational analysis.
- Good proficiency in computational analysis of large amounts of social media video material (e.g., through vision algorithms) and the ability to conduct analysis of the findings.
- English is the spoken and written language in the research team, which is international.
- Affinity with interdisciplinary research, and ability to communicate with experts from different disciplines.
Opportunities for professional development and networking.
Supportive and collaborative research environment.
Chance to make a significant impact in research.
Interested candidates should submit the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter detailing your research interests and relevant qualifications.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) including a list of publications.
- Contact information for three professional references.
- A statement of research accomplishments and future goals (max. 2 pages).
For inquiries or additional information about the position, please contact Dr. Samar Aad at email@example.com
LAU is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all above mentioned backgrounds to apply. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive research environment.