Academic Success Center
Free of charge academic tutoring services are available for you to help you if you are facing difficulties in certain courses. There is no limit to the sessions you can attend. Tutors are academically excelling students from various majors and they are appointed by their respective departments. Tutors will answer any questions you may have regarding the course material. They will clarify course content and enable you to study on your own. They will review your work and provide feedback.
During Fall 2018, the Centers in Beirut and Byblos assisted 1,000 students from different Schools through the tutoring sessions.
Types of Tutoring and Learning Outcomes:
- Walk-in tutoring: A session is conducted on a one-on-one basis (based on the set schedule) with a student to assist and allow him/her to ask specific questions
- Tutors answer specific questions related to problem-solving
- Explain certain ideas in a simplified manner
- Give tutees tips on note-taking and studying strategies relevant to the course
- Group tutoring: Tutoring sessions are provided to a group of students
- Tutors engage you in an interactive learning experience
- These sessions are catered to the general need of the entire group
- Tutoring by appointment: Students book an appointment with tutors to get assistance with course material
If you are a current student, please check the sessions offered on Portal.