Graduate Program Scholarship
This scholarship presents a unique opportunity to gain a research edge as you work toward your master’s degree. Tuition is fully waived for two years.
- Collaborate with faculty and dive into topics you’re passionate about
- Get published by the time you receive your master’s degree
- Excellent supervisors will guide you in your thesis or project research
- Gain a solid preparation for doctoral studies
- Advance the research culture of Lebanon
Who It’s For
It is our ongoing goal to raise the level of graduate education at LAU, and research-oriented scholars are an essential part of that effort.
The ideal candidate is passionate about their studies and wishes to deepen their knowledge through quality work that can lead to potential publications.
Scholars are expected to devote full time and attention to their academic endeavors and hence they must commit to not holding a job for the duration of the program. (See details under “Conditions” below.)
These degree programs will be accepting graduate scholars in 2021:
- MA in Applied Economics
- MS in Human Resources Management
- MA in Interdisciplinary Gender Studies
- MA in International Affairs
- MS in Computer Science
- MS in Computer Engineering
- MS in Civil & Environmental Engineering
- MS in Mechanical Engineering
- MA in Islamic Art
To be eligible, in addition to any program-specific requirements, you must:
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.50/4.00 – or equivalent.
- Be admitted to the program without remedial courses.
- Submit proof of English proficiency if your undergraduate degree is not from an English-based institution:
- Internet-based TOEFL (IBT), with a minimum score of 90. The code for LAU is 2595. The institutional TOEFL is not accepted.
- Academic IELTS with a minimum score of 7.
- The English Entrance Exam administered at LAU with a minimum score of 123.
NB: Meeting the minimum eligibility requirements does not guarantee admission under this scholarship.
If admitted, you must respect the following conditions:
- Be committed to pursue a publishable thesis or project.
- Be committed to complete the program within two academic years.
- Maintain a CGPA of 3.50/4.00 until graduation.
- Be committed to not holding any type of job for the duration of your studies including part-time jobs (e.g. teaching or administrative assistantship). Exceptions will be made if you do work that falls under research and/or research assistantship related to your field of study.
The application deadline for fall 2021 was June 15, 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I am currently pursuing my master’s degree at LAU. Can I apply for the fall semester?
Yes, but only if you apply and get accepted to a different program.
- I got my degree in a non-English-speaking university. Can I still apply?
Yes, but you will need to submit formal proof of English language proficiency (e.g. TOEFL), as per LAU’s graduate admission requirements.
- What do you mean by a minimum GPA of 3.50/4.00 “or equivalent”?
This grade point average is approximately equivalent to B+ or A-, 85/100, or 14/20.
- Is this scholarship available for Lebanese students only?
The scholarship, like all our academic programs, is open to all nationalities.
- What does this scholarship cover?
Full tuition fees for the duration of the program. Only minor fees are borne by the students, such as mandatory insurance and application fees.