Graduate Program Scholarships
This scholarship presents a unique opportunity to gain a research edge as you work toward your master’s degree. Tuition is fully waived and a monthly stipend is allocated for the duration of the program.
- Collaborate with faculty and dive into topics you’re passionate about
- Get published by the time you receive your master’s degree
- Be guided by excellent supervisors in your thesis or project research
- Gain a solid preparation for doctoral studies
For the third consecutive year, LAU is offering Graduate Program Scholarships for research-oriented applicants who are committed to conduct and publish research projects, in line with the university’s goal of enhancing its build-up of intellectual capital.
Who It Is For
It is our ongoing goal to raise the level of graduate education at LAU, and research-oriented scholars are an essential part of that effort.
The ideal candidate is passionate about their studies and wishes to deepen their knowledge through quality work that can lead to potential publications.
Scholars are expected to devote their time and effort to this academic endeavor and hence must commit to not holding a job for the duration of the program. (See details under “Conditions” below.)
The scholarship covers the following programs:
- Applied and Computational Mathematics
- Applied Economics
- Biological Sciences
- Business Administration
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Human Resources Management
- Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management
- Interdisciplinary Gender Studies
- International Affairs
- Islamic Art
- Mechanical Engineering
- Migration Studies
- Pharmaceutical Development and Management
To be eligible, in addition to any program-specific requirements, you must:
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.70/4.00 – or equivalent.
- Be admitted to the program without remedial courses.
- Submit proof of English proficiency if your undergraduate degree is not from an English-based institution:
- Internet-based TOEFL (IBT), with a minimum score of 90. The code for LAU is 2595. The institutional TOEFL is not accepted.
- Academic IELTS with a minimum score of 7.
- The English Entrance Exam administered at LAU with a minimum score of 123.
- Duolingo English Test with a passing average of 115.
NB: Meeting the minimum eligibility requirements does not guarantee admission under this competitive scholarship.
If admitted, you must respect the following conditions:
- Be enrolled on a full-time basis.
- Pursue a publishable thesis or project.
- Submit at least one paper to a peer-reviewed journal before graduation.
- Complete the program within two academic years.
- Not hold any part-time/full-time job for the duration of your studies (e.g. teaching or administrative assistantship). Exceptions will be made if your work (at LAU) falls under research related to your field of study.
- Maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.50/4.00. Your CGPA will be reviewed for scholarship renewal or termination at the end of the spring semester of your first academic year.
- Agree that withdrawal is not permitted without approval from the Graduate Studies and Research Office. Non-authorized withdrawal will result in the financial obligation to pay the full amount of the tuition fees covered by the scholarship.
The application deadline for fall 2022 is June 15, 2022.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What factors can improve my chances?
Having any publication in a peer-reviewed venue would be an advantage.
- I am currently pursuing my master’s degree at LAU. Can I apply for the fall semester?
Yes, but only if you apply and get accepted to a different program.
- I got my degree in a non-English-speaking university. Can I still apply?
Yes, but you will need to submit formal proof of English language proficiency (e.g. TOEFL), as per LAU’s graduate admission requirements.
- Is this scholarship available for Lebanese students only?
The scholarship, like all our academic programs, is open to all nationalities.
- What does this scholarship cover?
Full tuition fees in addition to a $200 monthly stipend for the duration of the program. Fees that students should pay:
- Application fee
- School liability
- Student association fees
- Medical insurance and NSSF (unless you have insurance outside LAU)
- Other optional fees such as housing, bus, parking, etc.