Minors and Diplomas
Minors are optional mini-specializations in a particular subject. The subject could be related to the major, or very different. For example, someone could graduate in computer science with a minor in English Literature. The earlier you choose a minor, the better, so that you can plan to complete all your courses (major and minor) at the same time.
All minors are available on both campuses, unless specified.
- Actuarial Science (Beirut only)
- Advertising and Public Relations (Beirut only)
- Animation (Beirut only)
- Arabic Language and Literature (Beirut only)
- Audiovisual Production (Beirut only)
- Climate Change and Sustainability Policy
- Computer Science
- Conflict Analysis and Resolution
- Construction Management (Byblos only)
- Creative and Journalistic Writing
- Data Analytics
- Digital Media (Byblos only)
- Environmental Science (Byblos only)
- Fine Arts
- Food Science & Management
- Gender Studies
- History (Beirut only)
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Islamic Art and Architecture
- Legal Studies (Byblos only)
- Multimedia Journalism
- Performing Arts
- Philosophy (Beirut only)
- Political Science/International Affairs
- Religious Studies
- Social Work and Community Development (Beirut only)
- Visual Arts
Diplomas typically consist of courses you take in addition to your major. In some cases, the courses can be taken while you study, but some diploma programs require a completed bachelor’s degree.
Diplomas are available in Beirut only, unless specified.
- Dietetic Internship *
- Diploma in Learning Disabilities and Giftedness
- Pro-Green Diploma (Online)
- Teaching Diploma
* Note: This program does not lead to New York State certification. Dietitians and nutritionists do not have the authority to independently engage in the ordering of medical nutrition therapy in New York State.