Institute for Water Resources and Environmental Technologies
Water resources and environmental issues are of major interest to Lebanon and the Middle East. The availability of clean water and the management of these resources are of paramount importance for a balanced development of the region.
The Institute of Water Resources and Environmental Technlogies (IWRET) aims at transferring usable technology to the Middle East region in the areas of water resources, environmental protection and agriculture technologies and to initiate new ideas and venues for applied research in the following generic areas:
- Water resources planning and management.
- Saltwater intrusion in coastal aquifers.
- Drip irrigation technologies.
- Groundwater remediation.
- Groundwater recharge zone mapping and wellhead protection.
- Identification of aquifer resources using environmental tracers.
- Reuse of recycled wastewater and wastewater treatment technologies.
- Optimizing agriculture production in runoff agroforestry system.