This position is no longer open.
Digital Communications Manager
The Marketing and Communications Department at the Lebanese American University is looking for a Digital Communications Manager to join a dynamic team of multidisciplinary professionals with a common desire to contribute to the successful implementation of the university’s integrated marketing and communications initiative. This position reports directly to the AVP for Marketing and Communications. He/she is required to be present on both campuses (Beirut and Byblos).
- The Digital Communications Manager is primarily responsible for the continuation and improvement of LAU’s websites as well as the development of digital marketing strategies and tools, leveraging digital and mobile technology solutions, including search marketing and paid advertising.
- He/she provides strategic guidance for the planning and marketing of School programs and activities, enrollment strategies and tactical campaigns.
- Additionally, he/she is responsible for the development of online communications strategies and implementation tools for crisis communications.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and implements a website engagement strategy for the corporate website; addresses areas of improvement with overhaul, redesign or enhancement solutions
- Ensures that the digital communications strategy is in line with the overall corporate and School plans, and in sync with the social media strategy developed by the PR & Media Office
- Produces major new websites and redesigns; facilitates the development of optimal content strategies and maximizes the long term sustainability of websites
- Creates and implements a digital communications strategy by reviewing other opportunities for digital engagement, including mobile apps
- Initiates and executes plans to improve the search ranking results; provides guidance for an improved search marketing presence for key initiatives
- Develops and carries out web and mobile solutions during crisis situations; develops and maintains crisis communications preparedness solutions
- Supports the enrollment marketing efforts of the university, or individual Schools/Programs, for their digital (advertising, email, web-based) strategies
- Delivers direction and assistance for the email marketing strategies of the community (guidance into the strategy, database targeting, messaging content)
- Trains website editors in content development and search marketing
- Ensures the collection of relevant audience data and insights through appropriate methods (analytics, focus groups, usability tests, online surveys, etc.)
- Reports on website performance metrics on a regular basis, recommending actions to improve performance as needed
- Supports the Managing Editor with the preparation and distribution of e-newsletters managed directly by the department
- Manages the Digital Communications team; sets their KPIs, conducts their performance evaluations, and carries out regular performance feedback checkpoints
- Oversees the attendance of the full time staff in the Office, and the attendance and contracts of student assistant(s) as applicable
- Directs the training and development needs of the staff in the Digital Communications Office
- Assists the AVP with internal communications, organizational matters, and other initiatives as needed
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant specialization in Communication, Marketing, Media, PR, Journalism, Computer Science, Web Design, or Multimedia Management
- Minimum 10 years of work experience, 5 of which are in a similar capacity
- Experience in website building technologies and languages, digital media manipulation and optimization, typography, and content strategy
- Excellent communication skills in English and Arabic
- Solutions-focused, and quality-driven
- Fosters advancement and professional development
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Wednesday, October 24, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.