This position is no longer open.
Electrical Technician - Beirut Campus
The Physical Plant Office is currently looking for an Electrical Technician to be located in Beirut Campus.
- Operate and maintain systems pertaining to Operations and Maintenance, including but not limited to: Building Management Systems, Safety Systems, Monitoring Systems, Electrical Power and Lighting Systems and other systems as assigned
- Perform all required electrical installation and reparation works for existing systems
- Operate, maintain and repair diesel generators (alternators and motors) and associated control panels
- Evaluate equipment failures and implement methods and procedures to prevent recurrence
- Perform daily inspection of systems
- Perform and implement preventive maintenance programs
- Provide maintenance for above systems through necessary repairs
- Supervise, assist, or carry out the installation of above systems when needed
- Establish and maintain job-related files, reports and training material
- Handle all job-related correspondence (reports, memo, emails, and faxes) and communication pertinent to the assigned tasks
- Perform other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
- BT or TS degree in a related field from a renowned technical school
- Minimum 5 years of experience, 3 of which in a similar position
- Good computer skills in MS Outlook, excel, word and internet search
- Acceptable verbal and written English and Arabic skills
- Ability to learn the operation of specialized computer applications through reading manuals (in English)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Physically fit to perform above duties
- Experience in the operation and troubleshooting of power plants, load management systems, control panels and related software is a plus
CVs should be emailed to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line. Please provide the exact month and year while listing your professional experience.
Closing date for applications is Saturday August 13, 2016.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity