Part -Time Co-curricular Coordinator
The International Services office is currently looking for a Co-curricular Coordinator to work on both campuses (Beirut and Byblos). This position is for a limited duration.
The Co-curricular Coordinator is responsible for designing projects, activities and programs to fulfill the focus of TL (Tomorrow’s Leaders Program) on leadership, civic engagement, and participatory governance, while closely coordinating with the offices of OCE (Outreach & Civic Engagement) , DOS (Dean of Students), and IWSAW (Institute for Women’s Studies in the Arab World) to integrate TL students into their programs.
In addition to LAU offerings of extra-curricular development, TL students require additional focus on gender issues, participatory governance, and exposure to the local/international community for increased opportunities for growth and development). Programs related to debate, policymaking, and civil society involvement need to be developed for that purpose.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates with OCE, DOS, and IWSAW to increase TL students’ involvement with their extra-curricular activities
- Documents TL students’ involvement in LAU student life
- Sits on a committee to synchronize approach between LAU and AUB on workshops
- Plans workshops that will enhance students’ practical soft-skills as well as other areas (e.g. grant-writing, gender, conflict, citizenship, etc.)
- Harnesses networks in US – MEPI, State Department, and others to set up discussions via Skype for co-curricular activities
- Convenes lunches with key individuals to empower the TL students
- Considers debates around items of national or regional importance with policy component that can translate to better research or ideas
- Documents and reports student success stories and highlights during the program in coordination with the TL Communication Officer
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, education or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an educational context
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English and Arabic
- Multi-tasking ability and excellent organization skills
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Wednesday, October 24, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.