This position is no longer open.
Part -Time Project Manager
LAU’s Institute for Women’s Studies in the Arab World (IWSAW) is looking for a Project Manager for the project “Equality for Everyone: Gender Reform from Grassroots to Government.” This position is for a limited duration.
This project is funded by the Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) for the purpose of strengthening the relationship between existing civil society organizations and elected officials to increase government accountability and impact reform on gender related issues.
The Project Manager will liaise with speakers and trainers, will be responsible for all logistics in regards to the different workshops, roundtables, lectures, and trainings, and will be the focal point for all beneficiaries, partners and MEPI.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that program activities operate in accordance with the framework outlined in the proposal
- Ensures that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
- Ensures that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
- Develops forms and records to document program activities
- Communicates with clients and other stakeholders to gain support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program
- Communicates with funders as outlined in funding agreements
- Ensures that the program operates within the approved budget
- Monitors and approves all budgeted program expenditures
- Monitors cash flow projections and reports actual cash flow and variance to the Executive Director on a regular basis (bimonthly)
- Ensures that all financial records for the program are up to date
- Ensures financial reports and supporting documentation for funders are prepared as outlined in funding agreements
- Provides required information to have invoices generated and submitted to funders according to the established timelines
- Monitors the program activities on a regular basis and conduct a bi-annual evaluation report according to the program evaluation framework
- Reports evaluation findings and recommends changes to enhance the program, as appropriate
- Updates social media frequently – and includes other forms of electronic outreach
- Conducts research in preparation for diverse activities
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Public Administration, Political or Social Science, Law, International Studies, Development Studies or any other related field
- 3 years of relevant work experience in Project Management
- Proven experience in working with gender issues – work experience and/or research/academic experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to self-start, meet deadlines and yet be part of a team working toward a common goal
- Strong interest in gender issues, political reform, human rights, social justice
- Thorough knowledge of current events
- Ability to liaise with donors
- Proven experience to work cooperatively and in a leadership role with students, staff, faculty, and community members
- Strong organizational skills
- Social media and computer skills essential
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Thursday, November 22, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.