Part-Time Research Statistician
The Office of Graduate Studies & Research is currently looking for a Statistician reporting to Dean of Graduate Studies & Research. This position is based on Beirut campus with occasional commuting to Byblos campus.
The Research Statistician will provide LAU faculty from various disciplines with professional training, advice and guidance on research design, execution and statistical analysis support, as well as research grants applications and other research-related matters.
He/she will work closely with faculty members on research projects they are leading from inception to publication, and maintain his/her own research agenda.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Works closely with faculty to provide guidance on research design, execution and data analysis of studies, particularly statistical analysis and interpretation
- Advises faculty on operations and procedures for the collection, cleaning, verification and management of statistical data
- Processes large amounts of data for statistical modeling and graphic analysis
- Assists faculty in the preparation of written reports and presentations that summarize the analysis of data, interprets the finding and provides conclusions and recommendations
- Assists faculty with the formulation and description of appropriate statistical methods, sample size requirements, questionnaires and surveys, and best research methods
- Assists investigators in the preparation of research grant applications, particularly components related to research methods, data collection, data verification, analysis and interpretation
- Presents talks, leads seminar discussions, and makes other presentations on statistical analysis
- Provides periodic training sessions for LAU faculty on research design, statistical analysis, and other research-related skills
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Masters, preferably PhD, degree in Statistics or related field with at least 5 years’ experience
- Advanced expertise with advanced statistical methods and software, such as SPSS or R
- Established record of research publications and research-related grants
- Ability to train academics on various research methodology and statistical skills
- Ability to work well in teams, especially interdisciplinary team
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Advanced knowledge of statistical sampling and scientific methodologies in various fields and disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of statistical research principles, methods, procedures, and ethical standards
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Tuesday, December 18, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.