This position is no longer open.
Student Recruitment Officer
The Student Recruitment Office is currently looking for a Student Recruitment Officer reporting to the Executive Director of Student Recruitment. This position is based in Beirut campus with occasional commuting to Byblos campus.
The Student Recruitment Officer is responsible for generating a positive first impression of LAU and promoting it among school principals, counselors, parents and prospective students as well as building connections and networks through meetings, counselling and in-class presentations in order to increase enrollment by meeting the set target of applications.
He/she will be additionally responsible for representing LAU in regional fairs, school fairs and other educational fairs across Lebanon and abroad as well as representing the Student Recruitment Office in all on and off campus student recruitment and enrollment yield events.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts orientations about LAU and communicates information about programs, admission requirements, financial aid and LAU services.
- Establishes and maintains a solid relationship between LAU and high school staff through continuous visits.
- Represents LAU at educational fairs in Lebanon and abroad as well as social and/or education events.
- Represents the student recruitment office in all events targeting high school students and handles the correspondence with schools.
- Prepares and organizes campus visits for prospective students and their parents.
- Provides counseling for prospective students and parents, and guides students through the enrollment process.
- Follows-up with targeted students in view of converting them into applicants then enrolled students.
- Assists in preparing new recruitment materials and communicates LAU’s updated publications with high schools.
- Organizes high schools principals’ dinners/lunches and prepares the merit scholarship database.
- Handles the office external phone communications.
- Schedules school visits and handles the logistics.
- Keeps record of recruitment efforts.
- Supervises and trains work-study student assistants to help in student recruitment activities.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a related field.
- Strong presentation and interactive communication skills.
- Ability to manage time efficiently.
- Flexibility to conduct 1-2 business trips abroad yearly.
- Skilled at relationship-building.
- Strong English and Arabic verbal and written communication skills.
- MS Office skills; knowledge of Banner is a plus.
Interested candidates should email their CVs to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Monday, November 27, 2017.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.