Assistant Vice President for Strategic CommunicationsThe University Advancement Entity is currently looking for an Assistant Vice President for Strategic Communications (StratCom) reporting to the Vice President for Advancement. This position requires presence on both Beirut and Byblos campuses.
The Assistant Vice President for Strategic Communications (StratCom) is primarily responsible, with his/her team, for developing the university communication and branding strategy, preparing its messaging content and modes of delivery, meeting the communication needs of all university units, and providing at all times needed communications support for university fundraising. This latter function spans a wide spectrum ranging from communication strategy formulation to program planning, effective execution and evaluation.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates an integrated strategic communications plan covering all key marketing, public relations, web, and social media elements taking into consideration university priorities including student recruitment for undergraduate and graduate programs, fundraising development attributes, alumni outreach, needs of all university units, university-wide targeted efforts, and communications
- Plans, manages and implements all aspects of the University’s strategic branding, public relations, marketing and communications program
- Works closely with University leadership and key groups on campus to establish a cohesive and efficient internal and external communications strategy and decorative program
- Leads the professional team in editorial oversight, content development, graphics, layout and production of print and electronic publications, securing an efficient, coherent and timely production outcome
- Oversees the development and implementation of the University’s web strategy including all electronic media efforts, website, electronic communications, social media and audio-visual productions, among other efforts
- Establishes internal communications protocols and procedures for collaboration between academia and all university divisions
- Works with various internal and external stakeholders to plan, coordinate and execute an analysis of cohesive branding to ensure consistency in order to present an outstanding and sustainable image of the institution to targeted communities
- Manages market research to identify and prioritize key target audiences, and shapes messages in support of strategic communication needs
- Assesses and analyzes effectiveness and impact of all communications program elements with a view to continuous improvement
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Master’s degree or above, in communications, business administration marketing, public relations or related field
- Minimum of 20 years of progressively senior communications and management experience, preferably in institutions of higher education
- Proven skills in communication, management, strategic planning and implementation, and budget management and oversight
- Enthusiastic about LAU and strategic communications
- Focused, goal- oriented, and KPI-driven
- Advanced computer skills including the ability to deal with sophisticated systems implementation and operation
- Collaborative, creative and innovative approach
- Stays current in all aspects of communications
- Fluency in Arabic and English languages
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to lead a diversified team, coach and develop people and foster a spirit of cooperation and integrity
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
Closing date for accepting applications is Wednesday, June 29, 2022. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.