Dean of Students - Byblos Campus
LAU is currently searching for a Dean of Students (DOS) reporting to the Vice President for Student Development and Enrollment Management. This position is based on Byblos campus.
The DOS is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing a variety of programs and services designed to assist and support students in achieving academic and personal success. The candidate, a strategic thinker and innovator, should work closely with faculty, enrollment management staff and the DOS in Beirut to provide a variety of relevant and creative services designed to complement LAU’s mission of “academic excellence and student centeredness.”
Moreover, as the Campus leader in student development, the DOS must be a team player, committed to working with students, faculty and staff and energized to address student issues on the growing Byblos Campus.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads personnel dedicated to providing direction and development to all students
- Oversees various offices and services, including Advising and Retention, Athletics, Campus Student Activities, Career Placement, Counseling and Health Services, and Residence Halls
- Reviews reports of student misconduct cases that require disciplinary action to ensure recommendations conform to University policies and the Student Code of Conduct
- Coordinates major events that take place on Campus, including Orientation, Student Elections and Commencement
- Works closely with other departments to ensure that all extracurricular programming aligns with the mission and education goals of LAU
- Manages budgets of the office and reporting services
- Sits on a number of University Councils representing student affairs, and represents the University in multiple community events
Minimum Required Qualifications
- PhD holder with an academic career
- Managerial experience within a university context
- Excellent written and verbal skills in both English and Arabic
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Friday, April 30, 2021.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.