Vice President for Institutional Advancement
This position is no longer open.
Lebanese American University has a critical role in the Middle East and in the world. It seeks to strengthen and expand its impact—and philanthropic support is essential.
The Vice President for Institutional Advancement leads the University’s advancement program headquartered in Lebanon, works closely with the President and the Vice President for Global Advancement to ensure all strategy and design is in line with the future campaign and global efforts, and ensures that all program efforts and initiatives are executed at a high level that reflect the excellence of the University.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Review and update the advancement plan and strategy for operations, ensuring complete alignment with campaign priorities and requirements, in discussion with the President and Vice President for Global Advancement.
- Lead the advancement plan for the University advancement program, institutional strategic communication and alumni affairs set specific objectives and tactics, and communicate those to all advancement staff members strongly to create shared enthusiasm, clarity, and energy for fundraising in Lebanon and the Middle East.
- Ensure the advancement program is grounded in data, research, and rooted in the highest ethical principles and best practices for advancement.
- Orient and engage members of the senior leadership team of the University to assist and be engaged as appropriate, as partners in advancement efforts so that external constituents, including prospective donors, understand the University and its goals and challenges.
- Work with key trustees and other constituent leaders to engage their cooperation, support, expertise, and generosity for advancement programs.
- Work effectively and collegially with the Vice President for Global Advancement, based in America, to design, organize, and implement a successful campaign for funds.
- Build a well-resourced advancement program with the following core elements:
- Principal gifts
- Lead and major gifts
- Alumni, parent, and friend constituent engagement
- Planned gifts
- Corporate and foundation gifts
- Advancement services
- Donor research and prospect management
- Advancement communications and robust media support
The Vice President will work closely with the President and Vice President for Global Advancement to ensure that resources to support these elements are located in Lebanon and America in a manner that makes them complementary, synergistic, and closely aligned.
- Communicate authentically and regularly about challenges, opportunities, solutions, and results of the advancement program to the President and trustees.
- Support the President in advancement efforts, including solicitation, strategy, and other matters.
- Personally engage and solicit principal, lead, and major gift donors and prospective donors.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- A deep understanding of Lebanon, its culture, and challenges and personal residence in Lebanon.
- Commitment to highest ethical standards.
- Superb written and speaking skills.
- Deep experience in personal solicitation of lead and major gifts.
- Experience in organizing and conducting campaigns.
- Experience in working with and supporting a President and key trustee leaders in advancement efforts.
- An ability to inspire and motivate the advancement team to make their best efforts.
- Substantial experience in advancement.
- The ability to travel frequently to America and the Middle East region in pursuit of the University’s advancement goals.
Closing date for accepting applications is Monday, January 23, 2023.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.