School of Arts and Sciences
Department of Natural Sciences
Campus: LAUMC and occasionally Byblos and/or Beirut
Expected start date: Spring 2022
Deadline for applying: October 30, 2021
The Department of Natural Sciences in the School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University invites applicants for a full-time instructor position in the field of Dietetics. The department is seeking highly qualified and motivated instructors who are committed to innovative teaching, program development and academic advising.
- Act as a dietetic internship preceptor and assist in managing the dietetic internship program at LAUMC and affiliated sites .
- Ensure that the internship program meets the competencies and standards required for accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND).
- Participate in the collection of learning assessment data
- Develop, implement and maintain progressive evidenced-based clinical nutrition standards and protocols
- Administer and coordinate activities related to the completion of the program including, certificates of completion, letters of reference, referrals, colloquium sessions and case studies.
- Correct and provide timely feedback on students’ assignments, presentation and projects.
- Teach a variety of courses in the field of nutrition and dietetics.
- Candidates must hold a M.S in Nutrition, Dietetics or closely related fields.
- The candidate should have extensive hospital experience as a dietitian and dietetic internship preceptor
- The candidate should hold a registered dietitian (RD) status from the US
- Good communication skills and command of the English language.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with Nutrition program accrediation through ACEND
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate and/or graduate level
- Experience in active learning techniques
The Department of Natural Sciences is one of the five departments of the School of Arts and Sciences at LAU. It offers a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology, a B.S. in Chemistry, a B.S. in Nutrition, a B.S. in Nutrition and Dietetics Coordinated Program (CP), and a Master of Science (M.S.) in Biological Sciences with additional programs upcoming in the near future. The Department is dedicated to excellence in teaching and research and is committed to student-centeredness and serving the community.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest including a statement of relevant work experience, an updated CV, and unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The CV should include the names, emails, and phone numbers of three references, The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process.
Candidates must refer to position no. AS-22-10, in the subject line of the email.